Sunday, October 19, 2008

Another skilled player, more than we are, really

Another Portal master named Katz, heres's what he says:
Here's my first Portal: Prelude video, my least step record on the first chamber.
I spent many hours examinating this chamber, I'm sure it's possible to cut down a few more steps with nice tricks, but I don't belive it can be done under 20 steps, because you have to get the gun anyway. [...]
I'm pretty sure more videos will come, I really enjoy the new challenges from prelude.

Watch it here in high quality

I'm wondering if I should update the records accordingly for the next update? I think it could be a good idea, but well... that's right that no one will ever be able to do the same, apart maybe 1% of the gamers. So, it's more of a wrong idea I suppose.

Comments

October 19, 2008 3:10 PM, Anonymous Andre said :
Is really amazing how Katz do it.

This is what we can call thinking with portals.

October 19, 2008 3:13 PM, Anonymous FlashEF said :
No, make the first place in-game availble for every skilled player that does everything really carefully. If you update the records someone eventually will write a pice of software for chamber analizing and calculate the best rout. Thats not the point, it should still be for fun. Records like this can be posted in a special section of this page.

October 19, 2008 6:18 PM, Anonymous J.Freeman said :
Wow! That's epicly awesome. I have yet to go under 50 steps yet on that chamber :P

October 19, 2008 8:14 PM, Anonymous owawa said :
do not change, just make High Scores, or Best Skillers section on web with thoose videos :P

October 20, 2008 12:09 AM, Anonymous Kris said :
Hmmm...I got a question. that '25' count, is that how many portals he shot? I dont really understand how its counted.

October 20, 2008 12:19 AM, Blogger Nicolas said :
@Kris:
No, it's the number of foot steps he made.

October 21, 2008 1:22 AM, Anonymous Markus [GER] said :
I need around 40 steps... :D

But i love this:

made by me ;) enjoy it :D

October 21, 2008 1:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said :
It will be really cool to see a special section for crazy videos.

Me and another guy have made a video of chamber 13 beats with 3 portals. Mine is shitty quality and im doing bad moves but I am using the physics of the game so I dont need to put a turret on the cube. Maybe I will do a better quality or I will search a way to improve what I do in my video.

The video of the guy that beat me by 20 hours. Good quality and faster done than me (1 minutes less).