Today, the votes for ModDB's Mod of the Year ended.
We are now waiting for the results, but I doubt we'll get anything against such badass mods like the 99 others.
But today is also the day FilePlanet launched their "Best of 2008" Awards! And surprise, Portal: Prelude is nominated in their "Mod of the Year" category. There is only 8 mods in competition, so I believe we have a bit more chances to win something in their Awards than in ModDB's. Even if we are competing against the 7 most downloaded mods of 2008 xD
The votes are now closed.
That's it! More than 350,000 downloads later, Portal: Prelude 1.1.5 (final) is released!
This new version is shipped with more than 115 bug fixes, improvements and additions (since 1.0.0). We know everything's still not perfect (voices, grammar, difficulty), but we believe we put enough work in this mod and thus, this version should be considered final (except if something really bad happens). Warning! Savegames are NOT compatible. Your progress with chapters unlocking is saved, but not savegames.
Also, there was so much changes to the game files that it's pretty much useless to release a cumulative patch from 1.1.0 to 1.1.5. It would be nearly as big as the complete installer itself. Please note that there's nothing worth redownloading the whole mod again if you already downloaded it, as it's mostly graphical improvements, optimizations and minor bug fixes.
The complete change log can be found here:
Portal: Prelude 1.1.5 (released 2009-01-29)
* Added: german translation (subtitles only)
* Added: czech translation (subtitles only)
* Added: chinese translation (subtitles only)
* Added: unofficial slovak translation (see portalprelude.com)
* Fixed: italian subtitles corrupted by additionnal quotes (thanks to Matteo Piazza)
* Fixed: russian subtitles corrupted by additionnal quotes (thanks to Matteo Piazza)
* Fixed: korean subtitles corrupted by missing tag (thanks to Nevets_Look)
* Fixed: portuguese subtitles corrupted by missing tag (thanks to Nevets_Look)
* Fixed: typos in spanish subtitles (thanks to Siegfried Anderson)
* Fixed: test chamber 6 not reloading when failing
* Fixed: difficulties to fire portals through some of the white holes
* Fixed: ability to go back when reaching the end of chamber 12
* Fixed: time challenge for chamber 15 was a step challenge
* Fixed: in a rare case glados was still attacking when shutted down
* Fixed: ability to go under the elevator before it came back in chamber 18
* Fixed: flying ghost chair in aperture laboratories
* Fixed: random crashes should disappear, let's hope some others won't appear
* Fixed: glados laser starting too fast, increased the delay
* Fixed: a few soundscape problems
* Fixed: credited the correct people for the correct stuff
* Fixed: missing projector model textures
* Fixed: music played during the second boss-fight not playing correctly or not at all
* Fixed: several cubemap (reflections) visual glitches
* Fixed: ability to open the door to the three ballcatchers in level 19, by only using a cube
* Fixed: lighting artifacts in the last levels
* Fixed: GlaDOS randomly stops attacking in the second round
* Fixed: subtitles activated by default when the mod is launched for the first time
* Fixed: hundreds of trivial glitches and tiny stuff everywhere in the levels
* Added: new aperture science laboratories logos
* Added: simpler and clearer signage in the first levels
* Added: maybe one, two or three new easter-eggs?
* Added: the correct graph and soundcache files
* Added: new lighting effects near metal grates
* Added: new intro sequence (vault lift)
During the last few days, I finished, packaged and tested the new 1.1.5 version of Portal: Prelude, and I decided to upload it to ModDB.com on Saturday. Then, when I saw they accepted the file on their website, I wrote a news on ModDB and announced the release.
And today, I realized that the file that was uploaded on their website was totally corrupted. I don't know when and who really corrupted the file, and I don't care. The problem is that ModDB mirrored the file everywhere. I'm now trying to re-upload the whole installer and will try to replace every corrupted version I can find. The problem is that 800 MB takes some time to upload (2 hours with my brandwidth).
Sorry for the inconvenience.