Monday, September 29, 2008

Day Fifteen: What a Party

The goal of this website was to post news regarding the end of the development of Portal: Prelude. But it can't be helped, we have more or less nothing to say lately. Because nothing more is added to the game, and nothing has to be fixed neither. That's why I decided to talk about what we did yesterday to the Festival du Jeu-Vidéo in Paris.

Frankly, that was a huge party. When I went to this Festival last year, that was cool, but not that cool. In fact, it was somewhat amateur and small. But this year, waw. That was just huge. Not huge in size, but huge in ambience.

Video-Game Festival

Our little team had the opportunity to play games like Far Cry 2, Red Faction: Guerilla, Darksiders, Mirror's Edge, Pure, Tomb Raider: Underworld, Star Wars: The Force Unleashed, Fallout 3 etc.
Then we didn't had the opportunity to play it, but we also saw Fable 2, Call of Duty 5, Dead Space, Command & Conquer 3, Need for Speed Undercover, Gears of War 2, Disaster : Day of Crisis, Resistance 2, Gran Turismo 5, etc.
We also had the opportunity to watch our first Counter-Strike "professional" final match. We're not really deep into this world, but we watched for the sake of curiosity. That was... well... strange.

Finally, last but not the least, we played together to Left 4 Dead. That was just crazy. This game is so great in many aspects that it outstanded any of the games that were present to this festival. We were among the only 300 gamers that had the opportunity to play it on sunday, and when we finished playing, we were all like "dude, that was epic". Unfortunately, we didn't had the chance to talk with Kim Swift, we looked for her, but we don't even know if she was here for real. Instead, we talked with Antoine Bourdon from Valve. We shared our point of views on Left 4 Dead and talked a bit about the mod. That was really exciting.

A few people recognized us with our tee-shirts, and even a few professionals, that asked for exclusive informations and little interviews. One of them even asked if we could exchange one of our tee-shirts with his! Some people were looking at us strangely, like if they were saying "Hey, isn't that the guys who did this mod?".

Anyway, it's time to get back to work, there's only ten days left until the release, and we need to polish this baby a bit more. If you're interested in seeing the ambience at the festival last year, you can watch this video. It's in french, but you don't need to understand what is said to see how it looked.

Comments

September 29, 2008 10:17 PM, Blogger Anders Hammer said :
That's nice guys, can't wait to play Far-Cry 2 as well. ;)

Counting the days till your release!!

September 29, 2008 10:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said :
Just wondering why not release it sooner if it's already done? I am of course willing to wait another 10 days tho for something like this :) I'm sure the wait will be worth it thanks for all your hard work!

September 29, 2008 10:33 PM, Blogger FvKey said :
Im with anonymous ^^ :D.

And... hey! where are your hands? xD

September 29, 2008 10:37 PM, Blogger Nicolas said :
We're not going to release it before, because we're using all the time we need to make it perfect.

FvKey said...
And... hey! where are your hands? xD

Hey, I'm wondering too :D

September 29, 2008 10:41 PM, Blogger FvKey said :
you naughty...

xD

September 29, 2008 10:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said :
What's the name of that song? Anyone know?

September 29, 2008 11:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said :
The song is D.A.N.C.E. by Justice

September 29, 2008 11:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said :
WHAAA; GUYS nice girls in the Picture ^^

AAAHH ^^ I also want to test Mirrors Edge ;D is it good?

September 30, 2008 1:01 AM, Anonymous ED said :
Portal Prelude T-shirt? I don't see anything like that in the photo...

Joking aside, I'm really looking forward to this game.
I suggest we make October 10th International Talk Like A Turret Day!

September 30, 2008 1:30 AM, Blogger Floptickle said :
I love that picture! Mostly because it says "Potato.eu" :D

September 30, 2008 3:11 AM, Blogger nikoPSK said :
I hope you had fun! (at the convention, not with those two lovely ladies :P )

September 30, 2008 3:28 AM, Anonymous Thecoolgman said :
I think they still did have fun with the ladies ;D Too bad I'll be on vacation when this mod comes out :(

September 30, 2008 5:38 AM, Anonymous Cammeron (aka Anonymous 1) said :
I figured that was why glad you're so dedicated :) btw i agree with ED Talk Like A Turret Day I could probably get into but at the same time my friends and I already quote portal a LOT.

September 30, 2008 9:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said :
From every old ITIN GLA's
A big LoOoOoOoL for you for the picture :D
But GG for your game and the babes :D
Good Luck ;)
Krux & Sly

September 30, 2008 10:48 AM, Anonymous ED said :
How do we spread the word about Talk Like A Turret Day?

back on topic, good luck on the Portal Prelude release. I'll definitely be playing!

September 30, 2008 10:50 AM, Anonymous delphiki said :
Ahah, you didn't told us that you took this picture !

And yeah, that was really a great party btw :)

September 30, 2008 6:16 PM, Anonymous Cammeron said :
Post it on every portal forum or site that you know of and link it back to this comment page it will spread the word of prelude and talk like a turret. I cant wait for the tenth!

October 12, 2008 11:17 PM, Anonymous Ph0X said :
Does anyone know what remix of D.A.N.C.E. this song is?

March 1, 2009 11:57 AM, Anonymous neo said :