Sunday, September 21, 2008

Day Seven: Nothing, really

We said that we were going to write a news for each day, a least until the release, so... we're doing a news. We don't have anything special to say =)

Today, I had another test session with a friend of mine. We played non-stop during 3h30, he made it to the last test chambers with a bit of help, and eventually, we stopped there. He found a few bugs that I'm going to correct really soon.

Invisible Elevator

We're currently discussing about the definitive release date, for the moment, nothing is really fixed, but we'll give you more informations soon. Tomorrow or the day after. Stay tuned.

And, by the way, there's a lot of people asking us if the voices will be in english or french, and the subtitles too ? So here's an answer :

• Voices - Story : English
  • Voices - Commentaries : French
  • Subtitles - Story : English and French (and more coming after)
  • Subtitles - Commentaries : English and French (and maybe more coming)

Comments

September 21, 2008 11:25 PM, Blogger Jason said :
Keep on rolling. I can't wait to try it.

September 22, 2008 12:06 AM, OpenID alexw said :
Looking forward to it :) Not enough good hard puzzle games out there anymore... Not even Myst games coming out anymore :(

September 22, 2008 12:40 AM, Blogger Alexgamerz said :
can't wait, have an idea for a way to get more of the bugs out faster. get a few testers who read this site everyday (like me) :) srsly though, email me up!

September 22, 2008 1:04 AM, Blogger Jeff said :
would testing on different rigs help...

can we help in any way??

cant wate for the release!:)

me

September 22, 2008 1:10 AM, Blogger Nicolas said :
As I said in a interview, we already have testers for each category of Portal players. Three casual players/beginners, two medium skilled players and three harcore gamers.
We already have a lot of computers to test it, we tested it on brand new rigs, on notebooks, on medium sized rigs and on old rigs.

September 22, 2008 1:37 AM, Anonymous digitalcassette said :
Just heard about this and wanted to stop by. Very nice website. It has polish and the screen shots look good too. You guys seem to have outdone yourself. Can't wait for the release. Gotta tell all the guys at work they will freak when they see this!

September 22, 2008 3:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said :
:-( No english voiced subtitles )-:

September 22, 2008 7:07 AM, Blogger Afro said :
Hey, I maybe Aperture Science couldn't afford visible elevators in the beginning ;)

September 22, 2008 8:39 AM, Blogger godcs said :
What the hell!!!
I asked Of U "I want korean subtitle maker!!!!"
But only Subtitle: English and French??? WTH --
Then No intrational Support???!!!

September 22, 2008 10:16 AM, Blogger FreakCERS said :
@godcs

Man, get a grip...
1) if you can't write using proper language, don't write at all
2) the article clearly states "Subtitles - Story : English and French (and more coming after)" (emphasis mine)
3) "I want korean subtitle maker!!!!" is not a question, it's a demand - and you are not in the position to be making demands.
4) be grateful that someone has gone to the trouble of making the game - it's free - you have no right to complain about anything

September 22, 2008 10:55 AM, Blogger M said :
I swear I'm going to wear my Portal tshirt until you release this. :P

September 22, 2008 12:07 PM, Anonymous Skazlazhop said :
@Nicolas
If not a secret who will translate game into Russian? Whether there will be it only transfer of subtitles, or the sound will be translated also?
P.S. Excuse for a writing, English badly I know, I write through the translator =)

September 22, 2008 4:45 PM, Blogger Shadow said :
No french voices ! D=
But awesome map =P

September 22, 2008 5:30 PM, Blogger Nicolas said :
@Skazlazhop:
For the moment, there's only a few translations of the subtitles coming after the release. Nothing's really fixed for dubbing the voices.