Friday, January 2, 2009

It's time to kick some ass!

Well... first, Happy New Year 2009 to everyone. I was kinda busy during the 31st and the 1st, and I didn't find the time to pass by. I don't know how it works in other countries, but in France we have a deal that says you can wish the new year until the 31st of january. So here it is.

Mod of the Year AwardsThen, I'm writing here to spread the word about something big that has just started today. The ModDB's Mod of the Year Awards Event! Yes, it's time to try to kick some ass and be one of the best mods of 2008 (or not!). What I'd like our fans to do now, is vote for us on ModDB.com.

You can vote without creating an account, but guest votes only count in the event of a tie. So, if you could create an account and vote for us, it would be great! Remember that you can vote several times for any mods you may like. For example, I voted for D.I.P.R.I.P., Insurgency and Black Mesa (even if I hate the way they teased us for several years without releasing anything). Click on the ModDB's MOTY logo on the left to get started! We know there's some serious competition this year, but hey... we're not trying to win at all cost, we just want to appear in the first 10 or 20, or something like that.

Finally, I'm also here to say that the 1.1.5 update is nearing its completion and that I should make it available soon, most probably during the next week. It will be a full release only, because mostly everything was altered. But you don't need to download it if you already played the game, it's only a bunch of minor fixes and a few additions (no voice remake sorry, I said only if we get our hands on steamworks).

PS: A new "They talked about us" section appeared during the last weeks. We collected every material we could find of people talking about our mod and stuffed it in this section. If you spotted something interesting that we didn't saw, tell us!

Comments

January 2, 2009 10:50 PM, Anonymous Zedo Mann said :
I voted for this mod, D.I.P.R.I.P. and Black Mesa Source.

January 2, 2009 11:15 PM, Blogger Anowarul Kabir said :
Hey, happy new year! Thanks for giving us Portal: Prelude. Damn it's so hard but I am loving every part of it to death!

By the way, would the existing owners of Portal Prelude have to redownload and reinstall the new upcoming patch/release again or would steam automatically download it for them?

January 2, 2009 11:19 PM, Blogger Nicolas said :
No need to redownload it if you already have it.
It's just to set up a clean and bug-free final version. But nothings major changes between 1.1.0 and 1.1.5

January 4, 2009 9:10 AM, Anonymous Bryan Sear said :
What about turning 1.0.0 to 1.1.5? Is that possible?

This should be the mod of the year.

January 4, 2009 2:20 PM, Blogger Nicolas said :
@Bryan Sear:
No, because 90% of the content was changed. It would be the same to redownload the entire mod.

January 4, 2009 2:46 PM, Blogger uNCLEsAM098 said :
Hey, congrats on all the awards, and Happy New Years! :D

I've beaten the mod twice now (Both on version 1.0.0 however... I thought the original music made the boss fight SO much cooler...), but I may update to this once released.

Any teasers on the new mod you were talking about a while back?

January 4, 2009 5:10 PM, Blogger Nicolas said :
@uNCLEsAM098:
No, nothing to show for the moment. As long as Valve don't release the SDK, we can't progress.

January 5, 2009 9:01 PM, Blogger uNCLEsAM098 said :
Ah-ha! So... it's a Left 4 Dead project :P

Or maybe I didn't see when you announced that is your new project, in which case, oops! Lol.

Either way, I'm now excited!

January 5, 2009 10:22 PM, Blogger Nicolas said :
@uNCLEsAM098:
It wasn't really a secret ^^

January 8, 2009 9:50 AM, OpenID cheeseyfighter said :
Hmm, you made me also very curious about your new project, good work! :) Just about until when can we expect hints about some rumours about you thinking about telling us about the new project? ^^

Since the people of Zombie Master quit work on their mod, I'm a little bit sad about it. I'm hoping they'll continue their work secretly, but I dont think so :(.
Is it a multiplayer or a singleplayer project you are working on?

BTW, I've written several posts on our blog about Portal Prelude. It's just a small blog of our clan in german language, but maybe some of you are interested ;)

January 13, 2009 3:37 PM, Anonymous RaDiOaCtIvE said :
Hola como andan... nose si me entendes asique te hablo en ingles

Hi how are you, i have a question..
Portal:prelude need Portal???

thanks and good work!

I love it :D

January 19, 2009 5:05 PM, Blogger jack_wade said :
Congratulations! Portal: Prelude is now in the Top 100 Best 2008 Mods list on ModDB: http://www.moddb.com/events/2008-mod-of-the-year-awards/top100

March 1, 2009 11:53 AM, Anonymous ????? said :
Congrats! U've made the really great job for all community and you deserved it =)