Thursday, October 9, 2008

Helping you help us help you all

Just a few things I wanted to point out since many players are actually asking repeated questions about some aspects of the game.

I don't understand your developer commentaries, it's in french!
Just turn on captions/subtitles in the sound options tab of the game.

I'm stuck at level <insert level number here>!
There's a section of the forum dedicated to help you if you're stuck somewhere in the game, take a look here :

That 19th test chamber is bugged out! I didn't take the cube!
Maybe you didn't take the cube, but you surely didn't look and listen carefully at the hints. The 18th and 19th levels are closely linked, just look around and search for a hidden path. There's no need to cheat or reload a saved game.

I spotted a bug somewhere in the game!
There's a section of the forum dedicated to bug reports, take a look here :

Comments

October 9, 2008 11:05 AM, OpenID a2h said :
Yay, help.

Also, is there an Internode mirror? I have unmetered downloads from games.on.net :3

October 9, 2008 11:10 AM, Blogger Nicolas said :
For these first 24h, the only official mirror is FilePlanet.

October 9, 2008 11:25 AM, OpenID a2h said :
What I meant was, is that after the 24 hours, is Internode one of the mirrors? You mentioned it earlier on... but I want to know for sure.

October 9, 2008 11:50 AM, OpenID behe said :
I'm interested too in helping out with the Portal Prelude voice pack. I'm English with a somewhat affluent accent. My e-mail is newintentions+pp@gmail.com and I can send you a sample if you like.

October 9, 2008 12:17 PM, Blogger Nicolas said :
@a2h:

October 9, 2008 1:56 PM, Anonymous Miles said :
But, does it run on Linux?

October 9, 2008 2:01 PM, Blogger Nicolas said :
@Anonymous Miles:
Just, lol.

October 9, 2008 2:22 PM, Blogger Mr.Yeah said :
@Miles:
If Portal runs, Portal: Prelude will run, too.

October 9, 2008 2:40 PM, Anonymous KO3U said :
YOU ARE FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT!!!!!!!111 YOU STUPID MOD DOESNT RUN ON MY 64BIT VISTA!!!!!111FUCK YOU ALL!

October 9, 2008 2:58 PM, Blogger Catalyst said :
Runs just fine on my 64-bit Vista Ultimate.

In any case, this mod is extremely high quality, apart from the script and voice "acting", which seems to have been made with a voice synthesiser.

October 9, 2008 3:15 PM, Blogger Chris Kuebler said :
@KO3U

I think that your problem is likely between your chair and the monitor. I also had no difficulties whatsoever running on 64-bit Vista.

If you don't have something nice to say, then f*** off.

October 9, 2008 3:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said :
Don't feed the troll.

October 9, 2008 4:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said :
Ahahahaha, I haven't laughed that hard in a while. He even had the 1s in it too, lol

October 9, 2008 4:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said :
You might not be making any money from the one day exclusivity deal, but FilePlanet is.

I'm sure it's not a big deal to many others (it's really not that big a deal to me), but I'm going to wait until I can download it without registering for an account.

Will it be on Steam? I've already got an account there. Signing up for an account isn't a huge deal for me. I would just rather not do that for a site/service I am going to use just this once. I am probably only going to use FilePlanet again if I read somewhere that there might be something interesting, so I'm really not interested in signing up for an account right away.

I've spent way too much time on this post. Like I said, it's not a big deal, I'll just wait 'till tomorrow :)

cheers

October 9, 2008 4:56 PM, Anonymous Jonathan said :
Actually, using the fileplanet mirrors does not require a paid account. I have a free account, and the only problem is I had to wait "in line" for 30 minutes in order to download prelude, which, btw, is awesome.

On a side note, the only problems I've encountered so far is in with english grammar in the voices (and typos in the subtitles).

A very minor problem though.

October 9, 2008 4:58 PM, Anonymous Jonathan said :
"is *with* english grammar", haha.

seriously though guys, i've gotten to test chamber 14 and I'm loving the mod.

October 9, 2008 8:46 PM, Blogger The_Lost_World said :
You know what? Screw Griff and every other idiot that thinks they can be a total a-hole (*cough* KO3U *cough*) and get away with it because of "opinions". I think this guy deserved every bit of backfire he may have gotten for being such a retard. These guys worked very hard for a very long time for free, and now we have a FANTASTIC mod for Portal, that is practically another game.

Let's be honest, really people every major game review website has given this two thumbs up and five star ratings have been received everywhere. This thing is awesome. What one of the above posters said was right; a handful of morons that probably can't even use the Hammer Editor are complaining. Yea, we care.

Don't get discouraged guys, you made an awesome game, everyone loves it, and so do I, lol.

Portal Prelude FTW! =P

October 10, 2008 10:46 PM, Anonymous Sarda [CP] said :
"What one of the above posters said was right; a handful of morons that probably can't even use Internet Explorer are complaining. Yea, we care."
Fix'd
(I can only barely use HE :D)