Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Day Twenty Four: Surprise? Yeah, twice!

We know it's not our usual time for posting, but we've got two highly exciting news for you that couldn't wait any longer.

First, I'm pretty sure you all thought there really was a game behind our project? Ahaha, and you know what? Just kidding, you were right =D You were right, but you didn't thought it could came this early, because... well... in fact the game will be available tomorrow and not the day after tomorrow.

Since the beginning, we worked together with John Phillips, Site Director of Planet Half-Life/FilePlanet to organize a surprise pre-launch on October 9th. So, basically, you won't have to wait until the 10th to enjoy the game =) The game will be available exclusively on Planet Half-Life during this day (if our deal is still ok at this time).

Second, the folks at ModDB.com reviewed the game, and oh boy! This is far more positive than we ever though it could be. I, never though it could be this positive. I totally agree with everything they say about the voices, that's really our weak point. The rest is bloody brilliant, I can't say how much I'm happy to read this from such a "veteran website" of the mod universe. Dude, that pretty much made my day.

ModDB's Portal: Prelude Preview:
"Make no mistake, after all the hype this mod is no lie."
Please digg us if you want to support us!

Edit: thank you Spolodaface, I totally forgot we made another inteview with GameOnYou UK, my mistake. I've got so much to take care of lately that I begin to forget the most important things!

Stay awake, the release has never been nearer!

Comments

October 8, 2008 1:24 PM, Blogger Scott said :
Oh man i'm so pumped for your team. Thanks for giving us the chance to preview it first at ModDB. Sure it was frustrating getting those puzzles solved... but it was worth it, awesome stuff!

October 8, 2008 1:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said :
When exctly will the game be avaliable?

October 8, 2008 1:25 PM, Anonymous Mikel S. said :
ZOMG!!!!! This is wonderful! You must've been really ecstatic to put your post this early on in the day! Can't wait to read the review! Perhaps you could put a new count down?

Also: Will it only be available on Planet Half-Life?

October 8, 2008 1:31 PM, Blogger Nicolas said :
@Mikel S:
Yes, for the first day only.

October 8, 2008 1:33 PM, Blogger Spolodaface said :
I'm gonna pretend you forgot to link to the GameOnYou UK Interview :P

October 8, 2008 1:46 PM, Blogger Nicolas said :
@Spolodaface:
Sorry, my mistake, I updated the article!

October 8, 2008 1:48 PM, Blogger Spolodaface said :
Awesome, thanks :)

October 8, 2008 1:52 PM, OpenID a2h said :
Ohhh wow... the first stage instantly requires a fast reaction.

I don't like the feeling of this game... but I'll play it anyway! :D

October 8, 2008 2:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said :
I think the conspiracy theory is funny. The funniest part for me is: "They say there French right? why is that they only used two different posts with some French words in it. the rest is just flawless English!"

I have to laugh at that. I know people that can write flawless English, who are ESL (English as a Second Language). However, the English here (sorry Nicolas) is far from flawless.

Congrats on the positive press. :)

2C

October 8, 2008 2:12 PM, Blogger Nicolas said :
@a2h:
Not necessarily, there's at least four ways to avoid the turrets. The guy from ModDB did it in a way none of our testers ever did. There's a lot more simpler solution.

October 8, 2008 2:19 PM, Blogger Karl said :
Will there be cake available on the launch day!? ;)

October 8, 2008 2:20 PM, Anonymous Andre said :
Wow wow, spoiler alert here folks

hehehehehehehhehe

Yayayayyyyyyyyyyy one day earlier.

Now, this is what i call a Mod that treat well their friends.

Many kudos for the team for his work.
So itīs today at midnight annnnh.
Heheheheheheheheheh
Now, this will be an exciting
weekend.

Thank you very much Nicolas and the Team for creating a New Portal experience.
So, after all, good vacation for the ones who will have it
Hehehehehhehehe

October 8, 2008 2:25 PM, Blogger Nicolas said :
@Karl:
For us yes!
You you, no!
=D

October 8, 2008 2:33 PM, Blogger X'estrix said :
Do we have a time/timezone that we can expect the file to go live on Planet Half-Life? :D

October 8, 2008 2:54 PM, Anonymous Demon said :
And for so much time it is possible to pass game and for how many you have passed?

October 8, 2008 3:15 PM, Blogger Nicolas said :
@X'estrix:
No, but we'd really like to... but hey seem to be a bit busy right now.

October 8, 2008 3:22 PM, Blogger X'estrix said :
Haha, I would imagine so :) I'll just keep refreshing this page until my limbs fall off, or I fall asleep at the keyboard :D

October 8, 2008 3:45 PM, Blogger Nicolas said :
The most difficult part beeing that we really don't know what's the time for them. For us it's currently 3:45pm, but we don't know what our 11:59pm does for Planet Half-Life. That's why we shut down the counter.

October 8, 2008 3:52 PM, Blogger X'estrix said :
I'd always assumed PLanet half-life ran on GMT-6, but I could be wrong ;)

October 8, 2008 3:57 PM, Blogger X'estrix said :
Oops, I meant GMT-5 ^^;

October 8, 2008 4:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said :
@X'estrix: so this means, we have to wait around 6 hours for the release?
or do i count wrong?

October 8, 2008 4:12 PM, Blogger Nicolas said :
@Anonymous:
No, that means nothing. It's just that we decided to release it on midnight in France. But when it's midnight in France, it's 6pm in most states of USA, so your release should be at 6pm. It's the same for indians, their release is the day after, at 6am, but still, it's the same moment for eveyone.

October 8, 2008 4:17 PM, Blogger X'estrix said :
I'm just stoked that I'll get to play it before heading off to BlizzCon, early release is FTW :)

October 8, 2008 5:22 PM, Blogger Mrrix32 said :
Yey for early release!

As for "Flawless English"... it's closer to American :P

October 8, 2008 5:24 PM, Anonymous Pieter888 said :
Cool, my post made it to the front page!
So Dave was right after all :P
However it's going to be tomorrow right? that's way to awesome!

the release date is a lie...

October 8, 2008 7:00 PM, Blogger HikariMisako said :
can we get a torrent before the launch so we can leave it on for the night?

October 8, 2008 7:03 PM, Anonymous Gorden Freeman said :
zomg omg omg omg omg omg WOOT!!!!!!! PoRtAl Ownzors :-D

October 8, 2008 7:10 PM, Anonymous Emil said :
Here's the article in the swedish newspaper: http://i33.tinypic.com/106mudf.jpg

Translation:
More "Portal" in late september
In late september "Portal: prelude" is going to be released. The game is an unofficial expansion for ?Portal?. Nicholas Grevet got tired of the fact that no one wanted to do an expansion for ?Portal?, so in the beginning of 2008 he took things in his own hands. Grevet now writes on the project website that the work is soon done, and that the result, called ?Portal: Prelude?, will be released shortly. The expansion will be totally free and contains 19 new test chambers with a total of 48 new missions and also a brand new story that binds the test chambers together. ?Portal: prelude? will be released in late September.

The translation is so-so, but I did my best.

October 8, 2008 7:30 PM, Blogger V. said :
OH MY SCIENCE!!!! I love you guys!!!! If you put a donation link on your page i'll DEFENTELY donate you!!!!!!

October 8, 2008 8:58 PM, Anonymous Matti said :
Damn you, now I have to flood-refresh the Planet Half-Life website tomorrow! :-P

Read the review on ModDB and seriously - that article is very promising! Oh, correct that: it's not promising, it proves the promises were more than true! :-D

And yes, Henley (and myself too I'm afraid) seriously could use some training. Any sessions planned for "getting back into Portal"? Where can I sign up? :-)

See you tomorrow on Planet Half-Life! :-D

October 8, 2008 10:34 PM, Anonymous O.T.Nad said :
Oh boy. Oooh boy, i just can't wait!

October 8, 2008 10:36 PM, Anonymous Sephiroth* said :
heyho ^^

now it won't take much longer 'till prelude will finally be released so I'm start wondering what you'll need in order to download the game...registered member of planet half-life? or even more? would be nice if you could answer this question nicolas ^^

October 8, 2008 11:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said :
Seems like it's now up for download.

I'm in the queue right now...

October 8, 2008 11:25 PM, Blogger FvKey said :
Holy s***!

Is out!

I have to wait 63 (...now 60... now 52...) places to download.

Only 28 minutes to go... Oh God! <3

October 8, 2008 11:28 PM, Blogger NikoKun said :

Just got into the "Place in Line" right now 59/66 - 28 minutes

Download is available early! YAY

October 8, 2008 11:32 PM, Anonymous Sephiroth* said :
I'm in line too...25 minutes remaining...Portal Prelude I'm coming ^^

October 8, 2008 11:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said :
I'm So excited, I wish I could pee myself, but I just went to the bathroom...Oh well, *prepares for download*

October 8, 2008 11:38 PM, Blogger Sarah said :
Yay for early release! 67/112 and only 24 minutes left until awesomeness :D

October 9, 2008 2:20 AM, OpenID a2h said :
...and I shall be waiting for the Internode mirror so I can have my unmetered download.

The wait... it's killing me...