Monday, October 6, 2008

Day Twenty Two: Finished!

I'm tired, I'm exhausted, I need sleep, so I'll make it short. We just sent a very few preview versions to some very influent websites of the modding and Half-Life universes. Now, we're eagerly awaiting previews that could make or destroy our game =)

1. Compile a final version of the game
  2. Do the last tests and checks
  3. Clean the mod folder
  4. Build everything and finish details
  5. Build an automatic installer
  6. Upload it somewhere safe
  7. Send it to a few people, magazines and websites
  8. Send a reminder to every Portal: Prelude Mirror Owner
  9. Make it available two days before the release
  10. Put a BitTorrent mirror online
  11. Release everything
  12. Take vacations (hurry up!)

Comments

October 7, 2008 12:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said :
Yaaay! I want to play it now!

October 7, 2008 12:59 AM, Blogger Jazz said :
At first I read "I'm fired, I'm eshausted..."
It sounded a bit frightening.

October 7, 2008 1:08 AM, Blogger Nicolas said :
@Jazz:
Aha, yeah, I fired myself to take vacations. Hmm... now that I say it... :D

October 7, 2008 1:10 AM, OpenID chedabob said :
Congratulations. I'm absolutely stoked for this. Hope it's worth the wait (which I'm sure it will be)

October 7, 2008 2:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said :
Wait... make availible two days before release you say?

October 7, 2008 2:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said :
That's great news :).

Sleep well and rest well after this enormous work :).

I can't wait to play it myself.

Need to go to sleep now as well :D.

October 7, 2008 3:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said :
hey never commented but wanted to say i'm really excited for your game!

October 7, 2008 5:11 AM, Anonymous Nick said :
I'm so excited. I re-installed portal today so I can take a few runs through it again and re-learn those techniques.

Here we go. Friday can't get here soon enough

October 7, 2008 5:39 AM, Anonymous Kedume said :
It's time to see how is the game. It may to be a nice game.

October 7, 2008 7:51 AM, Blogger raulness said :
I bought the Orange Box because of this.. I'm hoping I didn't pay $40 for nothing hehe.

All the games are still downloading but hopefully I'll have em all by the time this comes out.

October 7, 2008 8:19 AM, Anonymous jeff said :
@raulness

You wont regret it! Have you played half-life 2 original?

October 7, 2008 8:47 AM, Anonymous Michael said :
Portal Prelude and LittleBigPlanet will more than make October a great month. Thanks guys.

October 7, 2008 10:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said :
Replayed yesterday once again the original Portal. Just love it and can't wait for ur game. Thank you for your hard work :)

"...It's hard to overstate
...my satisfaction" (c) Still Alive.

October 7, 2008 11:09 AM, Anonymous Niak said :
"This was a triumph.
I'm making a note here: Huge Success.
It's hard to overstate my satisfaction."

Good job !

I can't wait to enjoy it !

October 7, 2008 1:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said :
This timer is now rank #1

October 7, 2008 2:58 PM, Anonymous Cheesey said :
Have you noticed? Portal Prelude is on the first rank on www.countdown2zero.com now ;)

October 7, 2008 3:00 PM, Anonymous Cheesey said :
Sorry, I was wrong, "jack_wade's" Portal Prelude timer is on the first rank, your timer is on rank 454...

What a cruel world :(

October 7, 2008 3:19 PM, Anonymous jack_wade said :
Well... it's not my countdown, it's the countdown I made for the mod.

I used my nickname but i don't recieve anything for creating it.

October 7, 2008 3:20 PM, Blogger Nicolas said :
@Cheesey:
No, you were right, we always used jack_wade's countdown. It's back on the download page now.

October 7, 2008 5:42 PM, Blogger Hrur Vilberg said :
I cant even put into words just how excited I am for this mod, there is absolutely no way a that you could get a bad review from the people you sent the mod to already. If your work on the game is in the same league as what I've seen so far (video, screenshots, website design, over-all-being-awesome) It'll definetly be like christmas came early for me.

I'd love to see more of your work in the future.

Greetings from Iceland!

October 7, 2008 6:06 PM, Blogger Nicolas said :
@Hrur Vilberg:
Waw, Icelandic fans, this is sure interesting. I don't think we'll find a mirror in iceland xD

October 7, 2008 6:45 PM, OpenID Lolgar1010 said :
come on finish already!

October 7, 2008 6:50 PM, Anonymous jeff said :
Hey nicolas.
Will you create a mirror for The Netherlands? Because at least 2,000 people will download it from here! ;)

Grts from Holland!

October 7, 2008 7:23 PM, Blogger XCoNOMICRON said :
This has been my inspiration this month...I can't wait.

October 7, 2008 8:19 PM, Blogger V. said :
day twenty was a sunday and day twenty one a tuesday? huh?
however ^^ cant wait

October 7, 2008 8:46 PM, Anonymous Blanel said :
Sent nicolas an email with the swedish newspaper :D

October 7, 2008 8:55 PM, Anonymous Andre said :
Talking about distances.
I am at about 12.000 km distant of Paris in the extreme South of Brasil.
And there will be a lot of players from Brasil as well, condidering how the Valve games are popular here. Mostly Counter Strike Source maniacs.
Once i spread the news in the communities, the servers of Portal will flood.
Hheheheeheheeh
Cheerss.

October 7, 2008 10:14 PM, Anonymous Cheesey said :
@jack_wade
sorry, I didn't mean to offend you. Of course you don't get anything for it... it's just a countdown ;)

@nicolas
ah, thanks, I knew the first time I clicked on it, I got somewhere else :)

nevermind, not a big deal ;) I'm just so fluttering because of the mod-release :)