Portal: Prelude Forum

Everything that has an end, has a beginning...

You are not logged in.

#1 16-03-2011 14:35:08

Destructor3

THE DEFINITIVE GUIDE to NON-STEAM Missing Texture and bug fixes!!

Hello all, here's the final guide to fix all your texture bugs smile

Here are some warnings for you before attempting this:

WARNINGS:
1) THIS METHOD REQUIRES AT LEAST x3 HARD DRIVE SPACE OF THE ORIGINAL STEAM METHOD. Only use this if you don't care wasting some gigs like me smile
2) THIS WORKS WITH BOT ORIGINAL AND NON ORIGINAL NON-STEAM VERSIONS OF THE GAME. BUT B U Y - T H E - G A M E - Support the developers!
3) I don't own Steam, but I think this will work also with downloads from Steam. Try it yourself. I Didn't install HL2 just got the files. This works too.
4) Point n°7 in the guide makes you copy also lots of unneeded files to the portal game folder. This is because i didn't want to find the correct files, so I just put them all. If you want and you have less space, you can copy a lot less files and Portal Prelude will still work, but you have to recognise those files by yourself, I won't bother about that.
5) I have Tested this guide On Windows 7 64Bit, REPLACE "Program Files" with "Program Files (x86)" if you are on a 64bit system too.

REQUISITES:
- Portal (Non-Steam)
- Portal Prelude 1.1.5 Installer
- Half Life 2

GUIDE:

1) Install Portal to C:\Program Files\Portal
2) Copy the whole folder of the original game and rename it "Portal - Prelude"
3) Install the Portal Prelude to a temp folder instead of the Steam Folder
4) Copy ALL THE CONTENTS from the Portal Prelude TEMP folder to the copied folder in C:\Program Files\Portal - Prelude\ - REPLACE ANY FILE IF IT ASKS YOU.
5) Install Half Life 2
6) Navigate to Half Life 2 install folder, enter "HL2" folder then again "hl2" folder.
7) Keep CONTROL PRESSED and select this folders: BIN - CFG - EXPRESSIONS - MATERIAL - MODELS - RESOURCE - SCENES - SCRIPTS - SHADERS - SOUND (read Warning 4, not all of these are really needed)
8) Hit Right-Mouse Button, Hit COPY.
9) Go to C:\Program Files\Portal - Prelude\hl2, you will see some of that folders here.
10) Right Mouse Button on a white space, hit PASTE. SAY "NO!!!" WHEN ASKS FOR OVERWRITING, LET IT ONLY COPY NEW FILES, NOT REPLACING ORIGINAL PORTAL ONES. it will take some time as they are more than 20.000 files and 2-3GBs
11) Go back one folder, make a Shortcut on the desktop for the file PORTAL.EXE, Rename it "PORTAL: PRELUDE"
12) Start the game, sit back and enjoy the new welcome screen (with GlaDOS being built and peolple working on her) and ENJOY FULL PORTAL PRELUDE EXPERIENCE big_smile

Hope it helps you! I had done it and everything works flawless. Only few scientist have no eyes big_smile LOL big_smile

BTW, Finished Portal:Prelude in 1 Day of play with only using walkthroughs for the 19th level jump (which i already got it but i wasn't succeeding in it, so i thought i was missing something, but no sad .. )

Finished Original portal in 1 hours 35 minutes, never played before ._. Too easy ._.

BYE ALL
DESTRUCTOR3

#2 17-03-2011 08:13:21

liadham

Re: THE DEFINITIVE GUIDE to NON-STEAM Missing Texture and bug fixes!!

Destructor3

I have PoRTaL Outbreak and i deleted the file of ERROR and in PoRTaL PRELUDE It writes to me that it (the game) it could not find the man's file and / or file error.

#3 23-04-2011 16:59:51

spenat

Re: THE DEFINITIVE GUIDE to NON-STEAM Missing Texture and bug fixes!!

Actually, you donīt have to do Destructor3īs way, yes, it is sure working, but this way is much easier:
1.) Download Counter Strike Source Texture Pack (you will find it everywhere on google)
2.) Install it into C:\Portal - Prelude\hl2 (Itīs an example, you might have different path)
3.) Done, run Portal - Prelude and Enjoy!

Spenat

Board footer