Portal: Prelude Forum

Everything that has an end, has a beginning...

You are not logged in.

#1 08-11-2008 20:46:25

corneliusbird

Chamber 19 bug?

This is not so much a bug as it is I'm an idiot.  Originally I thought level 18 was a joke, as in wow that's a lot of impossible moving around to get the companion cube, so I moved straight on to lvl 19.  I would stand on the orb room button but could not for the life of me figure out how to get the orbs in.  So after exploring I found some chairs in the hallways leading to the wall-orb-redirecting button.  I took these chairs and stacked them in front of the orb room door to redirect the orbs into the room while I stood on the button, and after many minor adjustments all power nodes were filled, hooray!  The next door into the vertical platform room was also impossible to get through while standing on its button.  So I took 2 chairs and stacked them on top of each other, leaning the top chair unbalanced, against the closed door.  I stood on the button, chair dropping into the door pathway and was then able to squeeze through the gap held open by the chair once I ran toward it.  I got through to the vertical platform room just before the door spit out the chair.  I got to the top of the room to the euthanization chamber, only to have a chair to offer instead of the companion cube, trapping me in that room, forcing me to restart the level to complete the level proper.

#2 08-11-2008 20:48:42

NykO18
Administrator
Website

Re: Chamber 19 bug?

Hmm?
Where's the bug?

#3 08-11-2008 22:24:07

sg3s
Website

corneliusbird wrote:

This is not so much a bug as it is I'm an idiot.  Originally I thought level 18 was a joke, as in wow that's a lot of impossible moving around to get the companion cube, so I moved straight on to lvl 19.  I would stand on the orb room button but could not for the life of me figure out how to get the orbs in.  So after exploring I found some chairs in the hallways leading to the wall-orb-redirecting button.  I took these chairs and stacked them in front of the orb room door to redirect the orbs into the room while I stood on the button, and after many minor adjustments all power nodes were filled, hooray!  The next door into the vertical platform room was also impossible to get through while standing on its button.  So I took 2 chairs and stacked them on top of each other, leaning the top chair unbalanced, against the closed door.  I stood on the button, chair dropping into the door pathway and was then able to squeeze through the gap held open by the chair once I ran toward it.  I got through to the vertical platform room just before the door spit out the chair.  I got to the top of the room to the euthanization chamber, only to have a chair to offer instead of the companion cube, trapping me in that room, forcing me to restart the level to complete the level proper.

So you missed all the hints that you were in fact able to go back and get the cube?... Hmmmm...

#4 09-11-2008 02:36:37

corneliusbird

Well it's not a bug, but I did get trapped in a room as to make progress impossible.  Just thought someone may want to know for the 1/million chance of it happening again.

#5 09-11-2008 02:39:39

sg3s
Website

corneliusbird wrote:

Well it's not a bug, but I did get trapped in a room as to make progress impossible.  Just thought someone may want to know for the 1/million chance of it happening again.

Well, basically you used some exploits to progress so tbh I am not surprised you got stuck...

#6 10-11-2008 04:48:54

NykO18
Administrator
Website

No bugs here, it's pretty normal that the game gets messed up if you use cheats/exploits to progress.
I'm closing this.

Board footer