Portal: Prelude Forum

Everything that has an end, has a beginning...

You are not logged in.

#1 11-10-2008 14:33:21

Matti

Loading and saving makes valuable objects go mad...

Hello there. First of all, thank you for making this awesome mod! I enjoy playing it, although I someone have to take a quick look on YouTube when I'm stuck at some point. :-)

I have made it through the first seventeen levels without any technical flaws, but unfortunately I'm having troubles now with levels 18 and 19.
<<< NOTE: Some spoilers may be present in the following informations. If you haven't played those 2 levels yet, please stop reading now. >>>

I managed to get the companion cube in level 18 and dropped it off in 19 in the first flinging room. Then, I went to activate the buttons and energy ball in the secret areas. When I came back, I noticed that the energy ball was stuck in one of the platforms: [ Screenshot ]. I thought I'd load a previous game, from where I obtained the cube and then it appeared that the cube was doing weird also! [ Screenshot 1 ] [ 2 ] [ 3 ]. Eventually, it started to float over the ground when I dropped it and finally, it simply fell through the floor and I lost it.

I save and load a lot during my progress, so that could be quite a problem. But still, this is something which can easily happen and therefore I think it should be fixed! I don't like doing things over again, I want to choose a point where I can try things and load the game again when I fail.

Help?

Windows Vista Ultimate x64 (SP1)
Portal Prelude 1.0.0 (09 October 2008)

Okay, forget about it! A simple restart of the game fixed it. Cube is normal again and energy orb bounces properly. smile I'll leave this for others who might experience trouble.

When everything goes weird, just Quit and Start again. big_smile

Last edited by Matti (11-10-2008 14:38:53)

#2 14-10-2008 14:57:01

NykO18
Administrator
Website

Re: Loading and saving makes valuable objects go mad...

Waw!
Never saw that myself in Portal, sounds like a random bug from the engine.
It only happened once, while I was playing Team Fortress 2.
But there's nothing we can do about it.
Thans anyway.

Board footer