Portal: Prelude Forum

Everything that has an end, has a beginning...

You are not logged in.

#1 14-10-2008 02:28:45

therusher

Bug right before chamber 18

Right before chamber 18, in the hallway where the guys talk for a long time, and where you can see cubes being made, I decided to make a portal above and below me and do the infinite falling thing while I waited for the guys to stop talking. Turns out afterwards, the door never opened. Might want to change the hall to portal-proof?

#2 14-10-2008 02:37:12

sg3s
Website

Re: Bug right before chamber 18

O.o

Weird bug... I will try replicating this.

Edit: Nope, just tried twice, infinity jumping the whole time, and both times the door opened... I don't think it's the portals that make this bug...

I have seen more people talk about this so I think it's something else...

Last edited by sg3s (14-10-2008 02:43:51)

#3 14-10-2008 12:05:55

DemonStrate

therusher wrote:

Right before chamber 18, in the hallway where the guys talk for a long time, and where you can see cubes being made, I decided to make a portal above and below me and do the infinite falling thing while I waited for the guys to stop talking. Turns out afterwards, the door never opened. Might want to change the hall to portal-proof?

I made a portal on the floor, and another portal on the floor in the hallway. Right when they finish talking, i fell into the portal farthest from the door, and then fell into the one closest to the door, like up and down thing without moving. This made the door close, and it trigger the next room events, so I was trapped in the hallway.

#4 14-10-2008 14:20:01

NykO18
Administrator
Website

Fixed in the next update!
This was Portal's engine fault.
When you infinite jump like this, the engine can't follow the player' speed and thus thinks he's in the floor or the ceiling...
That's why the game thought you left the hallway.
Thanks.

Board footer