Portal: Prelude Forum

Everything that has an end, has a beginning...

You are not logged in.

#1 28-10-2008 18:54:12

unclesam098

Portal bug on 19

If you re-shoot the portals while under the stairs or in the BTS area, you can't escape back into the puzzle (Because all of the walls outside of the steps don't allow portals)

So, I basically stuck myself under the steps like this:

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b285/uNCLEsAM098/19Problem1.jpg

-EDIT-

I found a way out, but it wasn't obvious. I had to crouch as far as possible under the steps, turn around so I could face the step that goes up and down automatically, and shot a portal on the ceiling when it went down.

At least it's possible, but it was in no way obvious. I found this by mistake.

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b285/uNCLEsAM098/19Problem2.jpg

#2 28-10-2008 18:55:38

sg3s
Website

Re: Portal bug on 19

Part of the high difficulty of the map.... Don't just assume something is a bug unless you've tried to look for a solution.

#3 28-10-2008 19:26:17

NykO18
Administrator
Website

Anyway, as a side effect, there will be another path to get out, in the next update.
So, don't worry smile

#4 28-10-2008 19:54:56

unclesam098

sg3s wrote:

Part of the high difficulty of the map.... Don't just assume something is a bug unless you've tried to look for a solution.

That's kinda a rude answer, don't ya think?

I thought I had found a bug, and since I couldn't find a reasonable escape route, I thought I had found a bug, therefore I posted it. Are you going to tell all of the other bug posters that made mistakes not bringing the cube to 19 the same rude response? Or anyone who thought they found a bug, but it wasn't?

Thanks Nicolas for the notice that there will be another path. smile

Last edited by unclesam098 (28-10-2008 19:55:10)

#5 28-10-2008 20:03:56

sg3s
Website

unclesam098 wrote:

sg3s wrote:

That's kinda a rude answer, don't ya think?

I thought I had found a bug, and since I couldn't find a reasonable escape route, I thought I had found a bug, therefore I posted it. Are you going to tell all of the other bug posters that made mistakes not bringing the cube to 19 the same rude response? Or anyone who thought they found a bug, but it wasn't?

Thanks Nicolas for the notice that there will be another path. smile

Actually, I did tell people that that was intended and that they have to look harder. But I also admitted the hints were very weak, this is also changed in the next patch however.

Now, I am not a team member, just a mod to battle the spam here, so I played my first play trough, and had to think on chamber 19, but I did solve it without help... Sure I walked trough the 18th test chamber the first time, but seeing I could go back was enough of a hint to me to figure out I probably had to do the puzzle anyway... :x

And until you posted it, I never even thought of this being a big problem... other people didn't even see this and walked back to 18 to get back up in 19 (pretty stupid imo, but still a solution).

#6 28-10-2008 20:26:26

NykO18
Administrator
Website

Bah, there's no real problem after all.
Let's close this thread since it's not a bug.
Thanks for pointing this out unclesam098.

Board footer