Portal: Prelude Forum

Everything that has an end, has a beginning...

You are not logged in.

#1 27-05-2010 16:33:02

Peter

What happens after Prelude and before Portal

Hello,

After Portal:Prelude I am almost passed out and in Glados room. In Portal I start in a chamber with no other humans there. How did I get from the end of the mod to the beginning of the official game?

#2 27-05-2010 19:46:54

NykO18
Administrator
Website

Re: What happens after Prelude and before Portal

I guess it's up to you to make that kind of decision.

#3 27-05-2010 20:44:52

Peter

Okay, glados is not broken after all, just lets me go for the moment. After a little while Abby's rescuer and her are trapped in a room somehow, then seperated and Abby is then forced to do the test again, a harder one now, organised by glados. Welcome to regular portal.

Or you don't play Abby in regular portal and Abby becomes free.

Although one of the supervisors mentioned something about them not having any daughters and glados mentions something like "bring your daughter to have her tested". So it might be that after glados is presumed dead the Aperture Science guys get back to ### and then glados gains power all the sudden.

But since she always talks about the party afterwards and that was kinda started by the AS folks delaying the party by the start of glados, glados might just play that day through again and again, trying to kill people in the tests and promising the party which will held in some time …

#4 19-06-2010 04:15:56

Darzoz

Actualy I belive you play as Chell in Portal, presumed to be one of the daughters of an employee.

#5 07-07-2010 08:14:59

schok

Yes:the daughter of the director of aperture science(Carl johnson),if i remind.So,abby is not the same caracter that the one in portal 1.

Last edited by schok (07-07-2010 08:15:09)

#6 21-09-2010 00:33:34

SkyNinja
Website

Dude, Carl Johnson is the main character of GTA: SA. And no one's said a thing about who Chell is. Let me lay this out, Abby dies, someone finishes Glados' chamber at some point, unknown amounts of time pass, Portal. Different characters, different story, different everything. PS, Schok, it's fanon that Chell is the daughter of an employee, as it's never been officially said.

#7 01-05-2011 18:35:34

devlyin
Website

******************************************SPOILER ALERT**************************************** the way it is interpreted to me (after offical story line elements of 1 & 2 plus ratman comic and unofficial prelude & flash map ) is before apeture lost cave johnson the facility test were mostly completed by homeless people and then when the supply ran out it was pushed to the employees and many were stockpiled [either all origanal or cloned or genetically altered or some weird combination] after cave left caroline was forced to be digitally scaned and turned into the facility's "over see'er" or guardian. after some time she goes insain and turns into glados[not yet installed into the main system but a free orb or so]time goes by and starts Prelude. at the end of prelude abby is taken off by her rescuer and they leave [what happenes to them after is pure speculation] rat man stays behind in a secret room that is not affected by the nerotoxin glados repares herself after prelude [enter rat man comic] FYI rat man died, and chell was in cryogenic sleep before the events of prelude [max time not known but.....] Chell is Caroline's Daughter. Chell was brought by Caroline by the bring your daughters to work day. Which happened to be the same day that Caroline was to be a subject of test for the AI transfer. Caroline died and became GlaDOS. Cave Johnson said she was married to science because it was what she lived for putting all her efforts into her labor. Cave Johnson is probably a bad guy pushing Caroline to do things she never should have. Caroline realizing her mistake becoming an immortal machine she tried her mightiest to protect her daughter Chell. Cave Johnson ordered the use of defective/corrupt or whatever cores to control her and to hide her daughter. She goes mad destroying most of the facility and so on probably to find where ever Cave kept her. Eventually she forgot and progressed on with aperture science's research and everyone who got put into stasis became her test subjects including her daughter. Once GLaDOS became a potato and heard Cave's recordings she realized who she really was her soul in the machine. Once she was reunited in the end with her immortal body she deleted Caroline because she wanted to she her daughter to safety also she probably deleted her because if she remained in GLaDOS she probably could not let her daughter go. Deleting her created her a free will to move on and become free. If robots could cry I am sure GLaDOS is crying right now. I also believe that Caroline could not bear the fact that her own daughter saw her as the monster she become.

P.S.Wheatley is most likely a prototype morality core! the story says he was made to make glados dumb and not as extreme but thats what the morality core kinda does. i do not belive that weatley was ever evil but there was [? IS ?] a precoded objective that made him that way thats why [compared to both evidence and diolauge information] GlaDos had the same problem [so in my mind say what you wish i will never think otherwise] GLADOS WAS NEVER EVIL! but misguided and confused if there was any evil [which its not strong and i dont think it was truly malice] it was Cave Johnson!

P.S.S.I Have a theory on Black Mesa but because i dont think many of you care after this point on there interaction of the story im going to leave on this note final note and if you really wanna hear my whole story [which may surprize or bore you depending on how deep you want to think into it] let me know and ill post a new disscution and with this particular prologe but what i have to say is: Black Mesa was involved in the downfall of Aperture Science and Chell will never meet Gordan freeman [dont belive me look at the actual time frame] but in the event that valve decides to make a true cross over story,Black Mesa was origanaly good to begin with and most likley will be the victor of the two in a battle over the scientific monopoly! [sad side note: i really hate black mesa with a passion but due to half life story all in all black mesa had good people working in it not including Dr. Breen and the military, and it was more motivaed by productive science than experimental science]

Last edited by devlyin (01-05-2011 18:48:30)

All right, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back. GET MAD! I DON'T WANT YOUR DAMN LEMONS! WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO WITH THESE?! DEMAND TO SEE LIFE'S MANAGER! DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM?! I'M THE MAN WHO'S GONNA BURN YOUR HOUSE DOWN! WITH THE LEMONS!

Board footer