Portal: Prelude Forum

Everything that has an end, has a beginning...

You are not logged in.

#26 25-05-2010 16:54:40

Lawliet

Re: Says I need a source game even though I have one

July, really thanks for your help
but still, i want to ask a question, will it be able to change the icon to the original one?

#27 27-05-2010 00:07:54

BattouKen

JuLy_Mustang wrote:

Sorry for my english (Im from Argentina) but
I have a temporal form to play portal prelude in the free version of portal,
First install Portal Prelude in "C:\Archivos de programa\Steam\steamapps\steamuser\portal"
Second go to "C:\Archivos de programa\Steam\steamapps\steamuser\portal" and rename the folder "portal prelude" to "portalprelude"
Third open Steam and go to "Add Game", "Add an non steam game", and look for the "hl2.exe" in "C:\Archivos de programa\Steam\steamapps\steamuser\portal" and accept
Fourth go to the properties of your new game called "hl2" and in the box name put "Portal: Prelude" and in the target box put -game portalprelude
will be something like "C:\Archivos de programa\Steam\steamapps\july_mustang\portal\hl2.exe" -game portalprelude
close that window and play big_smile

I hope this be usefull

excelente, me funciono! me salvaste la vida xD

saludos! (desde Chile :p)

#28 27-05-2010 01:26:18

JuLy_Mustang

BattouKen wrote:

JuLy_Mustang wrote:

Sorry for my english (Im from Argentina) but
I have a temporal form to play portal prelude in the free version of portal,
First install Portal Prelude in "C:\Archivos de programa\Steam\steamapps\steamuser\portal"
Second go to "C:\Archivos de programa\Steam\steamapps\steamuser\portal" and rename the folder "portal prelude" to "portalprelude"
Third open Steam and go to "Add Game", "Add an non steam game", and look for the "hl2.exe" in "C:\Archivos de programa\Steam\steamapps\steamuser\portal" and accept
Fourth go to the properties of your new game called "hl2" and in the box name put "Portal: Prelude" and in the target box put -game portalprelude
will be something like "C:\Archivos de programa\Steam\steamapps\july_mustang\portal\hl2.exe" -game portalprelude
close that window and play big_smile

I hope this be usefull

excelente, me funciono! me salvaste la vida xD

saludos! (desde Chile :p)

jaja me alegro q te funcione big_smile

saludos

#29 27-05-2010 01:30:16

JuLy_Mustang

Lawliet wrote:

July, really thanks for your help
but still, i want to ask a question, will it be able to change the icon to the original one?

greetings
yes you can, go to "C:\Archivos de programa\Steam\steamapps\STEAMUSER\portal\portalprelude"
and do a copy of the file "portal prelude.ico" and change the copy extension to "portal prelude.exe"
finially change the icon of the portal prelude from steam and select "portal prelude.exe"

i hope this will be usefull

#30 27-05-2010 19:18:59

NykO18
Administrator
Website

There's another way of proceeding here:
http://www.portalprelude.com/forum/view … p?pid=4848
I don't know if it's a really better solution since I don't have the issue myself, but it's worth a try.

#31 02-06-2010 20:01:15

dskmac11

NykO18 wrote:

Mikeh12 wrote:

It hasn't solved the problem for me, I'm on a Mac, so I am not sure how I get to the hl2_osx.app. Any help?

We are not talking about the Mac version here.
See http://portalprelude.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=4818

yes but macs have the same problem and we cant use this method because macs have no C:/drive

#32 09-06-2010 00:08:01

Razorroms

July_Mustang I dont exactly get what you mean by
in the target box put -game portalprelude
will be something like "C:\Archivos de programa\Steam\steamapps\july_mustang\portal\hl2.exe" -game

if you could please explain a little more

#33 11-02-2011 02:16:40

Greggb

13thSlayer wrote:

Apparently, this solution is illegal. Btw it also works with non-steam/illegal copies of portal (confirmed by a pirate-friend), which most likely points to the fact I am right.

Steam Support wrote:

Hello Pavel, Thank you for contacting Steam Support. No Source mods are included with the free Promotional Offer registered to your Steam account. These mods are only included with Valve games purchased  through Steam or from a retail store. You must purchase a Source game included in this list: http://store.steampowered.com/search/?category2=16 Please let us know if you have any further questions, we will be happy to assist you.

Illegal, schmillegal! I wish I had a pirate friend

Pregg'r Gregg'r

Last edited by Greggb (11-02-2011 02:18:26)

#34 17-02-2011 20:16:14

juakofz

I did everything you say but I get the following error avery time I start it:

MountAppFilesystem() failed:
SteamMountAppFilesystem(0,294967295,0xa8afd24) failed with error 1:
No default filesystems fot this App

What can I do?

Last edited by juakofz (17-02-2011 20:17:59)

#35 27-02-2011 01:51:15

tommyk

im having the same problem as juakofz. can some please take a screen shot or make a video of what we are supposed to do exactly

#36 28-03-2011 18:36:19

starburstia

I'm having the "Error, Can't find background image material/console/startup_loading.vtf" popup prob and I'm starting to wonder if the 'mac' zip version left something out.

There isn't a background image material folder, but there is a 'materials' folder with a 'console' folder in it, with backgrounds inside of it. But no startup_loading.vtf. However, there are other background.vtf files in it labeled like "background_01.vtf" whatever.

Either someone rewrote the directory to the file thing and forgot to change the files or vice-versa but the point is where the hell is the startup background so I can rewrite something and finally play the stupid glitchy thing.

Which will be awesome.

(I have no idea what I'm doing, just trackin down these folders, yeah?)

EDIT: Further investigation bears that a vtf file is a material layer thingy so I assume it's looking for a startup image in the materials folder for some reason. A background opening image? Someone was sleepy while writing this redirecting?

There is no other possible folder to put background startup images in but the material folder, so... /SHRUUUUUUG./

Help would be great from people who even remotely know anything.

Last edited by starburstia (28-03-2011 18:41:31)

#37 28-03-2011 21:35:30

marioveyna

not working for me, i bought portal 2 on pre-sale and got portal for free...i have a desktop that i can play, but in my notebook just play portal instead portal prelude....i tried july_mustang and mini-me solution and still got the gameinfo.txt box....any other idea that can help for me? thanks

Board footer